

Nikolas was born on November 24th at 11:09 p.m. at Scottsdale/Shea Medical Center. He was 7 lbs. 1.1 ounces and 21 inches long. So this is how it all went down. At about 1:00 a.m. I was having the worst cramps, back pain and contractions. I woke Sasa up and we started to time them. They were not consistent so I didn't freak out, but the pain was horrible. I don't think I slept at all that night. I went to work, as usual, told our administrator I wasn't feeling good and didn't think I would be able to stay the entire day. Well I ended up calling my doctor and he ordered me to go to the hospital. It was about 9:00 a.m. and no one was at the office yet, so I drove myself to the hospital.
The hospital was so crowded. We didn't get a room until 5:00 p.m. They had me walk the entire time to make the contractions come harder and to get me to dilate past 4 cm. By 5:00 p.m. I was asking for the epidural. The nurse looked at me and said "you don't look like you're in a lot of pain, why don't you wait for the epidural?" I was in horrible pain since 1:00 a.m. I NEEDED that epidural. I consulted with my good friend Kathryn, and she helped me toughen up and tell that nurse what I wanted. For those of you who know me, I'm not good at sticking up for myself (Thank God for friends who look out for me).
The epidural came and I felt SO much better. Shortly after by water broke. and by 10:42 p.m. I was pushing. I think I pushed a handful of times and he just came right out.
Nikolas was welcomed by my mom, Sasa (daddy) and my amazing friends Jessica and Kathryn. They all watched the entire thing. All crying! I really needed Jess and Kathryn that day and they were so awesome. I felt like I had some cheerleaders there cheering me on, guiding me through the labor and helping me get through the pain. I really am so thankful that they were there for me...I owe them!
Nikolas came out giving doctor DeSanto and I a golden shower. It was pretty funny. He is healthy, beautiful and Sasa and I couldn't be more in love with him.
I wish that Kathryn could have been me. I really would have liked to sneak away and be there.
ReplyDeleteI still need to sneak away and hold Nikolas and bring you food. We've had a bit of sickness over here, so I'm trying to make sure we don't bring any of that your way.
So, so happy for you guys. I am looking forward to meeting sweet little Nikolas!! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete