Nikolas is going to be a Big Brother!!

Our first little Peanut arrived on November 24, 2010 at 11:09 p.m.

We're expecting a new little Peanut on March 18, 2012.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

His first Easter...

It was exactly as I expected it to be. Nikolas and I woke up early and went to 8:30am mass. Nikolas was great up until communion and then he started to get fussy. I was able to take communion leaving the church with a sleeping baby in my arms and puke all over my clothes...oh well. After church Joyce joined us at Postino for a nice quick brunch. That was it! The rest of the day was a normal Sunday...I prepared for the week.

At church I was approached by the priest and he asked me how old Nikolas was and if he was baptized. I said no, not yet. Sasa and I had decided before Nikolas was born that we weren't going to baptize him. Our parents baptized us, just following tradition but not really knowing why or what it meant, we didn't want that for Nikolas.

The hard part for me is how do I raise Nikokas a faithful person, a believer, a follower of Christ? I don't know how to do that without a church, community or organization that can support my beliefs. My wonderful friend Kathryn M. told me that because I am a good example myself relying on God, I will do fine. I really needed to hear that. It's scary trying to make the best decisions for your child.

Kathryn also sent me a link to this written by someone in her church, "The responsibility mothers have today has never required more vigilance. More than at any time in the history of the world, we need mothers who know. Children are being born into a world where they “wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places” (Ephesians 6:12). However, mothers need not fear. When mothers know who they are and who God is and have made covenants with Him, they will have great power and influence for good on their children."

I will lead Nikolas by example, in my faith in God, as a hard working professional, as a friend and as a good person overall. If I can live a faithful and good life, then I believe he will too. I pray for that everyday, and I believe God is answering my prayers.

I love being a mother. I was just telling my friend Lori that the day Nikolas was born was truly the best day of my life. I feel so blessed to have such a beautiful angel in my life.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. I can feel your total love for your baby and your desire to be a good mother. Knowing how kind and thoughtful you have been to my granddaughters, I have no doubt you will succeed at being the kind of mother you want to be. And thank you for being such a good friend to Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think Kathryn know how much I look up to her and admire her as a woman, mom, wife and follower of Christ. She is one of my closest friends and hasn't gotten rid of me yet, no matter how annoying and needy I might be. Your granddaughters are so much fun to be around. I loved our time together! It is my pleasure!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors